About Hannah Phillips
mASTERS LEVEL Social Worker
Child Outpatient Therapist
Welcome to Angelus! We’re really excited to introduce you to Hannah, a friendly and caring counselor who’s here to help your child and family feel better and become stronger together. We believe that every person is unique, and we’re here to support your family’s journey towards healing. Let’s get to know Hannah a little better and find out how she can be a guiding light on your path to a happier and healthier family.
Meet Hannah – Your Partner in Your Child’s Well-Being
Hello! I’m Hannah, and I’m thrilled to be part of the wonderful Angelus team. I’m all about helping kids like yours feel better and thrive. But it’s not just a job for me. It’s a meaningful step in my journey as a counselor, where I learn and grow to support children and families like yours.
What is EMDR and why have people called it magical??
I use a special technique called EMDR to help kids work through tough memories and feelings. It’s like finding a cozy spot for the mind to rest. Helping your child work through some heavy things that have weighed them down so that they can get back to just being a kid again. Check out more about it on our EMDR information page found HERE.
Dreams for the Future
My goal is to become an EMDR expert! I’m working hard to get even better at helping kids like yours. Don’t worry though, I don’t believe in one size fits all treatment, I love learning new things to support your child in whatever way is going to work best for them!
Understanding What Matters Most
Every family has its own story, and I’m here to listen to yours. Here’s a little bit of what I’m really passionate about:
- Why I Chose Mental Health: You might wonder why I do what I do. Well, I truly care about kids like yours. I’m fascinated by how young minds work, and I’m dedicated to helping children through tough times. It’s amazing how thoughts, feelings, and actions come together, like pieces of a puzzle.
- Connecting with Children: Kids are incredible, and I love learning about what’s going on in their hearts and minds. I want to be a trusted person your child can talk to, so we can figure things out together.
- Supporting During Challenges: We all face challenges, and I’m here to help, especially during tough times like dealing with anxiety, difficult memories, or when life feels complicated due to complex trauma. Together, we’ll help your child feel strong, happy, and brave.
A Glimpse of How I Can Help
I’m here for kids who might be dealing with worries (anxiety), tough memories (PTSD), or complex challenges. And guess what? I have some pretty effective tools like EMDR, CBT, and play therapy to help your child feel better.
Some days may be easier, and others might be a bit harder, but that’s perfectly okay and I am looking forward to helping you through all of them.
Availability & Scheduling:
My approach is to utilize primarily in person sessions but our virtual platform is available for days where the roads may be poor or you are feeling a bit under the weather but want to keep your counseling appointment.
- Fridays @ 143 E Wallace Ave, New Castle, PA 16101
- Wednesdays @ 2500 Highland Road Suite 102, Hermitage, PA 16148
Coverage: I am not currently in network with any insurance plans, but I am able to accept clients with Aetna & Cigna insurance under my supervisor, Nessa Smith, LCSW.
I am also able to offer a discounted private pay rate a reduced fee private pay rate of $75 for an intake and $60 for follow up sessions while I am in the process of obtaining my Social Work License this fall.