At Angelus We LOVE working with Kids!
They have so much raw curiosity and potential that it is an amazing feeling to watch them grow and be able to take part in any portion of the process.
At Angelus, we understand the importance of nurturing your child’s emotional well-being. Our dedicated team is here to support students across various school districts, including Laurel, Mohawk, Shenango, and Wilmington. We believe that a strong mind goes hand in hand with academic success, and we’re committed to providing the guidance and tools your child needs to thrive.
What We Offer: Our school-based counseling services are tailored to meet the unique needs of students from kindergarten through 12th grade as well as the needs of each school district. We create a safe and welcoming space where your child can express their thoughts and feelings, develop essential life skills, and build a strong foundation for their future. Scheduling time for counseling can be more then a struggle at times when balancing school, work and extracurricular activities and it is the reality that many kids go without needed mental health treatment just due to the scheduling and transportation issues. We have developed our school-based services in Lawrence County to help us expand our ability to reach children and families who may be struggling. With sessions available at the school and during the school day, it gives supports to families when and where they need it.
Laurel School District
Support for Spartans & Compass Programs
Mohawk School District
Shenango School District
Wellness for Wildcats & Compass Programs
Wilmington School District
How We Can Help:
- Navigating Challenges: School life can come with its own set of challenges. Whether it’s dealing with stress, friendships, or academic pressures, our counselors are here to help your child navigate these difficulties and develop effective coping strategies.
- Building Confidence: We’re here to empower your child to believe in themselves and their abilities. Through counseling, they can develop self-confidence, resilience, and a positive self-image.
- Improving Relationships: Healthy relationships are essential for growth. Our counselors work with students to enhance their communication skills, manage conflicts, and foster positive connections with peers, teachers, and family members.
- Managing Emotions: Adolescence can bring a rollercoaster of emotions. Our counselors provide tools to help your child understand and manage their feelings, promoting emotional well-being.
- Enhancing Academic Performance: A healthy mind contributes to academic success. We work collaboratively with teachers and parents to ensure your child’s mental well-being positively impacts their educational journey.
Why Choose Us:
- Expertise: Our team of experienced counselors specializes in working with students, understanding the unique challenges they face at different stages of their academic journey.
- Experience: Angelus has operated school based services in Lawrence County since 2013 and our Wellness services since 2021 with incredible success.
- Confidentiality: We provide a safe and confidential environment where your child can freely express themselves without fear of judgment. Even though the services are available INSIDE the school you we take steps to maintain everyones privacy through the counseling process.
- Collaboration: We believe in the power of teamwork. We collaborate closely with teachers, parents, and school staff to create a unified support system for your child.
How to Get Started:
Exploring our school-based counseling services is simple. Click on your school district above– Laurel, Mohawk, Shenango, or Wilmington – to learn more about our services tailored specifically for your area. Together, we can foster a strong foundation for your child’s emotional well-being and academic success.
- Our Wellness programs in Laurel and Shenango have to be initiated on the side of the school administration or guidance departments to add in supports when they identify areas of need.
- Compass School Based Counseling, can be initiated by either the family or suggested by the school but it is a separate entity to the school wellness programs and follows all the same steps and processes as you would experience in our New Castle or Hermitage outpatient offices. Parents are encoruaged to be involved throughout the process and counseling sessions are billed through the child’s medical insurance.
We’re here to support your child every step of the way. Contact us today to embark on a journey towards a brighter and more resilient future.
HELP & RESOURCES FOR TEENS
THINGS ARE HARD NOW, BUT SUPPORTS ARE AVAILABLE!
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or Call/Text: *988 – 24-hour hotline for anyone experiencing emotional distress, including thinking about suicide.
- Lawrence County Crisis Line: 724-652-9000
- National Crisis Text Line: Text “Hello” to 741741 – Support for suicidal thoughts, abuse, sexual assault, depression, anxiety, bullying & more.
- Youth Helpline, Your Life Your Voice: 1-800-448-3000 Text “VOICE” to 20121 – A teen-specific suicide prevention lifeline that offers teen suicide chat from 8 p.m.-12 PM daily
- Arise- 24 hour confidential hotline : 724-652-9036. –New Castle based domestic violence shelter and services.
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 1-800-799-7233- Provides tools & immediate support to enable victims to find safety & live lives free of abuse.
- Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline: call or text 1-800-422-4453- For issues related to child abuse, counselors in a crisis, & information on how to get help.
- Trevor Project: Call 1- 866-488-7386 or Text “Trevor” to 1-202-304-1200- Teen suicide hotline is available specifically for (LGBTQ) youth. Text 4-8 PM Fridys only
- LGBT National Youth Talkline: 1-800-246-7743 – Free & Confidential peer support for the LGBTQ and questioning community ages 25 & younger.
- Teen Talk Line: 1-800-852-8336 or text ‘TEEN’ to 839863 Available 9PM-1AM – Trained teen listeners provide support, resources and hope to any teen who is struggling.
- Pennsylvania Sexual Assault Helpline:1-888-772-7227- Support for victims of sexual assault and connects them to local crisis centers
- Love Is Respect: Call: 1-888-331-9474 Text: “loveis” to 22522 – Helps young people learn about healthy relationships & dating violence.
- National Drug Helpline for Teens: 1-844-289-0879 – Professional 24/7 Helpline for teens and parents.